Pets of Maple Leaf!
"Most Seattleites would agree that the Emerald City is a pretty pet-friendly place, at least to dogs....And new analysis from Wallethub confirms our affection for our four-legged friends, as Seattle was named the 5th most pet-friendly city in the entire country. -Callie Craighead, SeattlePI
There's no shortage of quotes about our love for our animals:
- “My fashion philosophy is, if you’re not covered in dog hair, your life is empty.” – Elayne Boosler
- “A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down.” – Robert Benchley
- “Dogs have boundless enthusiasm but no sense of shame. I should have a dog as a life coach.” – Moby
- “I call my horses ‘divine mirrors’—they reflect back the emotions you put in. If you put in love and respect and kindness and curiosity, the horse will return that.” -----Allan Hamilton
- “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.” – Josh Billings
- “One small cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home.” --Pam Brown
- “When the dog looks at you, the dog is not thinking what kind of a person you are. The dog is not judging you.” – Eckhart Tolle
- "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog." - too many to list :-)
- “The dog lives for the day, the hour, even the moment.” – Robert Falcon Scott
So let's showcase the Pets of Maple Leaf!
Send photos of your pet with its name, type of animal, and your favorite thing about them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special thanks to the person who suggested this on our survey. Here's the survey if you missed it: